Hello! I am a native New Orleanian whose family roots in the region date back to the 1750s. I graduated from Loyola University New Orleans with a degree in communications. I grew up as an artist – working with pencil and charcoal – creating drawings of people, places, and everything in between. Photography became an integral part of my life in 2011 when I was diagnosed with Leukemia. It provided an outlet of creativity and reflection that was immensely therapeutic. It remains so to this day.
“Photography is the most immersive form of art I’ve ever experienced. As a young boy, I excelled at drawing – with pencil and charcoal. I took great pleasure in that endeavor but there was always something missing with the experience. Only as an adult did I become first interested and then enamored with photography. A photograph is so much more than the instant the shutter clicks. I enjoy every aspect of the process: the scouting of a location for composition and light, the patience required to sit for hours while you wait for 15 seconds of ideal conditions, and the editing thereafter to create an image that captures the elements of the scene.
My objective with every photograph is to create something that reflects how I felt both physically and emotionally in the scene itself. I strive to please my own eye first and subsequently hope that others connect to the photograph as well. I know I’ve succeeded when I still continue to look at photographs I’ve seen hundreds of times over the years.”
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Featured photographer in the 2018-2019 Currents exhibition at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art for the Red Chair series.
- Finalist for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 Outdoor Photographer’s American Landscape contest
- Bronze Award winner for two photographs – Epson International Pano Awards
- Participating photographer in the 2016, 2018 and 2021 PhotoNOLA annual festival of photography
- Published in the award-winning book The Gardener’s Garden available on Amazon
Photograph licensing is offered. For editioned prints, please email [email protected] or fill out the form below. Thank you for your interest.